Timeline of events so far (with links to relevant documents):
- Strategic Housing Land availability map for Four Marks and Medstead – prepared in 2013 for the EHDC Joint Core Strategy for planning. This is land offered up by landowners and developers. The land adjacent to 131 Winchester Road is FM011.
- Outline planning application submitted by Hurlock Investments to EHDC on 28th July 2014.
- Planning Committee meeting on 30th October deferred the outline application because the developer’s agent informed EHDC Officers just 24 hours before the committee that the house numbers were reduced from up to 45 to up to 24 to overcome the over-development / design issues.
- Outline planning permission refused (decision notice) on 2nd February 2015.
- Hurlock Investments Ltd. appeal to the Planning Inspectorate and are refused by the planning inspector in November 2015.
- Outline planning application submitted by Hurlock Investments to EHDC on 30th March 2016.
- Planning Committee refused permission on 28th July 2016 – see decision notice.
- Hurlock Investments Ltd. appeal to the Planning Inspectorate.
What happens next?
- EHDC passes on all documents (including objections from the public) to the planning inspectorate. New representations have to be made by 25th April 2017.
- Any appeal against the decision would be defended by EHDC and we would support them by attending the Planning Inspectorate hearing and speaking against the appeal. The date for the hearing has not been set but is likely to be in October.
- As with the original planning application, we will need your support in writing to oppose the appeal and, on the day, speaking at the public inquiry.